- Jun 27, 2017
- Goodwyn Tea
- 0 comments
In spite of the emergence of sophisticated international and local coffee joints all over the country, coffee is less likely to topple over tea in India. It’s not that this beverage is only popular in India, but all across the globe, for example, a study shows that in the USA, around 4 out of 5 people drink tea. This affection with the intriguing varieties and blends of tea like green, oolong, black, white, Assam, Darjeeling and so on has made it one of the most favorite brews to people all over the world. Apart from offering great taste and flavor, it also offers an endless list of health benefits.
What do the studies say? What about scientific credibility?
Tea is free from sodium, sugar, carbonation, fats and also calories. According to the several studies published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (AJCN), it has been found that tea plays a very important role in keeping cardiovascular issues, metabolism problems and issues with brain function at bay. The studies also advocate its cancer prevention capabilities. Apart from this report, there are hundreds and thousands of other studies that say – owing to the presence of bioactive compounds found in tea, flavonoids; this beverage offers a number of potential health benefits. Let’s check them out –
- Drink tea; keep a check at your body weight – As per a review, researchers have found that respondents consuming caffeine and green tea are more prone to weight loss (which on an average is 2.9 pounds in 12 weeks) while sticking to their normal and regular diet plan. Other studies show that having tea increases the caloric expenditure of a person and that can be approx. 100 calories in 24 hours.
- Drink tea; improve your bone health – According to a number of researches, it has been found that polyphenols, a type of micronutrient, present in green tea can improve your bone health. Another study showed that drinking tea can reduce the risk of fractures, especially hip fractures both in women and men who are 50 years old or more.
- Drink tea; lift your mood and improve alertness – According to a research conducted in a placebo-controlled environment, it has been found that the participants who had tea were more accurate and alert in an attention chore given to them in comparison to the respondents who had the placebo.
- Drink tea; keep your heart healthy – According to study, it has been concluded that drinking black tea reduces blood pressure. When given to hypertensive subjects, tea helped in counteracting the side effects of eating high-fat food on arterial blood flow and blood pressure. The study also showed that drinking a cup of tea every day can help in reducing the chances of heart attacks and stroke by 8 to 10%.
- Drink tea; keep ovarian cancer at bay – According to a recent study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, it has been concluded that women who consume high - flavonols and flavonones food or drinks like tea, grapes, red wine, citrus fruits etc are at a lower risk of getting affected by endothelial ovarian cancer.