There are few things that are better together than alone, such as bread and butter combines to give us one of the most staple breakfast all around the world. Another classic example of such excellent combination is- the essence of bergamot in black tea, and create one of the most delightful tea flavors- the earl grey.
Earl grey is made with black tea as the base and flavored with bergamot oil. For those who are not familiar with this fruit, it is a citrus fruit whose taste falls between a lemon and an orange. It came to the world’s recognition in around 1800s. With time, several restaurants and tea shops offer this delicious tea. If you have not heard about it or had a sip, not to worry, as we bring you the recipe to make a cup of earl grey tea.
Step 1- Make your own earl grey tea. All you need to do is to buy organic black tea online along with bergamot essential oil.
- A clean pint jar
- 1 to 1 ½ cup loose black tea leaves
- 15-20 drops of bergamot essential oil
- Pour the essential oil in the jar, put the lid on and move it to distribute the oil all over the jar by moving in different directions.
- Open the lid, pour the tea leaves, put the lid and shake vigorously in order to ensure a proper distribution.
- Your earl grey tea leaves are ready, but we recommend you to let it sit for a couple of days for better flavor.
Step 2- Make your own cup of earl grey tea
- Half cup sugar
- 6 cups water (lukewarm water, not cold)
- ½ cup earl grey tea leaves
- 1 lemon
To make sugar syrup-
To make tea-
- Add the sugar in 1 cup water, stir it until it gets dissolved and let it boil.
- When the amount is reduced to one-fourth of the original amount, remove from the flame and keep it aside.
- In a saucepan, pour the remaining water and bring it to boil.
- Add the tea leaves and cover the lid for about 2-3 minutes, then remove from flame.
- Use a strainer to discard the tea leaves and pour it in the cup.
- Add sugar syrup and lemon drops as per taste.
Your earl grey tea is all set to sip.
You can also make a chilled version of it; get some organic black tea online, toss with some essential oil and splash cold water and ice cubes to sooth the summers.
Earl grey tea is known to have several benefits such as dealing with anxiety and depression, for good skin, oral hygiene, fighting cancers, aiding in digesting and lots more. So, you can definitely go for this flavor of tea for a better health. We are happy to inform you that now you can make your cup of earl grey tea without any fuss, simply by buying the tea bags and steeping in hot water. Get, set, go and enjoy the sip.