Making tea is an art. It is not about putting together all the ingredients randomly. A cup of good tea is remembered for a long time. Recollect the last time, your friends and relatives jumped to the idea of you preparing the brew. If yes, then you have mastered the art of brewing the tea leaves in the right way that everyone likes to sip.
This is a healthy green tea recipe. Green tea is probably one of the healthiest teas that are processed less to retain its goodness. Technically, it undergoes minimal oxidation which helps maintain its natural taste and goodness. Green tea is known for its weight loss benefits and helps reduce cholesterol in the body.
With numerous varieties of green tea available in the market place, making a choice is not easy until you have knowledge about the taste it lends. Some of the popular varieties are Darjeeling Green Tea, Long Island, Kashmiri Kahwa, Organic Green Tea etc. You can buy green tea online.
This is a delicious and easy to prepare recipe for Green Tea Citrus Mocktail. A simple blend of green tea, honey and citrus fruit juices like orange, sweet lime, pineapple and kiwi make up the ingredients for this beverage. This tea based mocktail would relax your nerves and help you unwind after a long day.
The key to getting this drink perfect would be to use the right ingredients and in right portions. All the ingredients have to be mixed properly to add layers to the mock tail. Best part is, it is simple to make and you may choose to experiment with different citrus flavours apart from the ones mentioned herein.
The following recipe serves four and takes fifteen minutes to prepare.
Green Tea Citrus Mocktail Recipe:
The details of ingredients are as follows:
- 3 teaspoons of green tea leaves (Feel free to choose your flavor)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ cup of sweet lime fruit juice (also known as mosambi)
- ½ cup of pineapple juice
- ½ cup of kiwi juice
- ½ cup of pineapple juice
The method to prepare this mock tail is as follows:
- Take two cups of water and warm it in a tea pan
- Add green tea leaves and brew it for 2 minutes at boiling point
- Strain this green tea and allow it to cool
- Mix honey with this sieved green tea in a bowl and mix it well
- Now add sweet lime juice, orange juice, pineapple juice, kiwi juice and sugar to this mixture of honey and green tea. Jumble-mumble it and mix this well.
- Pour into tall glasses and refrigerate for some time to serve chilled.
Feel free to garnish with mint leaves, lemon slices and colorful crushed ice!
Be it a sports telecast or movie time, this green tea citrus mock tail blended with golden honey brings the goodness of green tea and tasty fruity flavors that livens up your mood instantly.
Hope you enjoy making and sipping it.
Have an exciting tea mocktail recipe? Share with us!